Position: PRODUCT EDUCATOR
Hours per week:
Part-Time; approx. ~24 hours/wk, 2-3 days/wk
Typical Hours: Summer – 9:45am-6:15pm; Winter – 10:45am-6:15pm
Some evenings or weekends
Days of the week:
Position 1: Product Educator (In-Store) What days are you available? Let’s talk and find the best consistent schedule that fits with our team.
Position 2: Product Educator (In the Field) Pop-up Festivals; varying days (+ fill-in any additional days in-store)
Nudge Eco Store (Nudge) exists to inspire and empower people to positively impact the Earth by making one small change at a time. Nudge supports conscious, mindful consumers and companies who prioritize the health of people and planet through sustainable manufacturing, packaging, and local community-based shopping.
Our goal is to take the confusion and guilt out of shopping and offers sustainable products procured based on the following criteria: sustainable materials, smart manufacturing, smart packaging (compostable), made as local as we can find, non-toxic, fair trade, organic, recycled/recyclable, handmade, cruelty-free, pro-vegan, and as plastic-free as possible.
We are looking to add a Product Educator(s) to our team to work directly with our customers. This is our first Product Educator position so we’re looking for someone who is passionate about what we do and someone who can also be patient with us while we grow! We are also looking for someone who is committed to providing a consistently excellent customer experience while maintaining a passion for sustainable living and personal growth. Our customers expect Nudge staff to be knowledgeable about each of the products we carry, and we want our passion to shine through with every answer we provide.
Nudge, Don’t Judge. Sustainability or Zero/Low Waste experience or training, previous retail or relatable experience, ability to friendly and confidently communicate with our unhoused neighbors, and the following physical requirements:
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including POS, iPad and laptop as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 pounds.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behavior in everything you do.
- Effectively communicate with customers, team members and store leadership in a friendly, respectful, cooperative, and pleasant manner.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Maintains clutter free and clear store. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Assists customers in any way necessary - is register-trained, assists customers with products and sustainability education (i.e. composting), and answers customer questions in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all customers by making eye contact, smiling, and saying "hello" throughout the store as well as saying "thank you" with every register transaction.
- It is expected each team member won’t have all the answers so it is expected that you will call store leadership when needed.
- Represents Nudge while on shift and maintains a professional appearance.
- Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, wiping counters and mirrors, replenishing restroom supplies, taking out recycling and landfill waste, and disinfecting high-touch areas including the front-end and restrooms.
- Comfortable having shop cameras in all product rooms of the store.
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with associates and customers, and safeguards confidential information, cash/credit card info, and merchandise.
- Performs other daily assigned tasks.
- Read social ques and engage customers at the level they want to be engaged
- Teach customers the pros of low-waste living
- Share knowledge of products and help customers brainstorm solutions to their problems
- Be patient with our small, family-owned business
- Be Punctual and dependable
POTENTIAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADDITIONAL GROWTH:
- Help coordinate off-site events and represent Nudge in the community
- Contribute to company social media
- Step into a role specifically tailored to your strengths as the business grows and expands
- Shift leadership
- Management of specific location or pop-up festivals
We are committed to being a beneficial presence in the community by working together to build a business that provides a luxury shopping experience, accessible to all.
As part of a team, you must be willing to collaborate with other team members to create a holiday schedule and weekend schedule that works for everyone. We have the desire to maintain a regular schedule so that our team and customers know what to expect and can depend on a consistent experience and, in that same vein, have the flexibility in your schedule so we can each cover each other for vacations, etc.
We are looking for a unique individual with a strong desire to disrupt the concept of convenience and guide those on the zero-waste journey. Ability to thrive in a collaborative, dynamic environment, dedication to sustainability and ensuring exemplary customer experiences are essential. Expectations include acute attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong work ethic, zero waste or sustainability training, resourcefulness, desire to grow with our company, excellent problem solving skills, must be self-motivated yet able to accept direction, ability to work with and motivate a team by leading by example and ability to establish highly productive relationships with a vibrant and diverse team while ensuring supportive, safe, and inclusive spaces.
Send your resume to NLee@NudgeEcoStore.com